1. a sloven, a slattern ...1898 Sc.
2. a kind of edible seaweed ...Bk1904 Eng. dial.
1. to trail or drag the feet in walking; to walk in a slouching manner ...1829 Eng. dial.
2. of shoes: to slip about from being too large ...Bk1876 Eng. dial.
3. to slip from the proper position ...Bk1876 Eng. dial.
of unknown origin
FIRST DOCUMENTED USE
1829 - see EXAMPLE below
"...He slodged and reeled about as he walked; could not even blow his nose; and made his principal wants known by signs ..."
From: The Study of Medicine
Third Edition, Vol. I
- John Mason Good